Search This Blog

Saturday, December 24, 2011

My Life Living In Phuket, Thailand










 It's hard to believe I have been back in Phuket, Thailand for over a month and a half now. The time has gone by so fast. I think it's important to be as present as we can in our lives as our moments come and go so quickly.

I feel so at home here in this country it's amazing. There is a wonderful frequency I experience here that feels so different from any other place I have been or lived and it really works well for me. It's as though my whole nervous system is affected simply by the energy of the culture. I am living my dream of teaching fitness and yoga everyday in an environment that creates support and encouragement for all. Tiger Muay Thai Gym is now my home here in Phuket. I get to meet so many amazing people everyday from all over the world there. Tiger Muay Thai is a training camp that offers so many different classes and options for fitness and martial arts that there is something for everyone. A highlight for me is teaching yoga to athletes that have never tried it before. I was dedicated to competitive fitness for 14 years and I truly feel that incorporating yoga into my training program changed so many things in my life and my body. It's so wonderful for me to now share that with other people.

It is Christmas Eve today and I am so happy it's Saturday, my day to recover and have some time to reflect on a long week. It doesn't feel like Christmas but I will celebrate for sure. My gift to myself is to take inventory of all things and people that I am truly grateful for. I will make a list of those things that I can put up on my wall to see everyday. Imagine if everything you wanted was what you already had. A place to live, food to eat, your health, amazing people in your life, and wonderful experiences. I think that it is true that we often don't know what we have until it's gone; from our health to our friends to the opportunities that lay before us. It's very easy to get attached to thoughts that don't serve us, we all need to take the time to reflect on what we have that's so good.

My days start at 5:15am when I roll out of bed to prepare for my 6:30-7:30am Yoga class. I arrive at the gym early to set up the mats for class and am very happy to have my friend Syra to assist me in this morning flow and preparation as the classes can fill up to 40 people. We have a huge space to practice at Tiger Muay Thai and the beauty is that it's also all outdoors. We get to enjoy the sounds of the jungle and and all the animals that are waking up. It sure beats the sound of traffic horns in the morning. At 8am we shift gears and it's time for the Bodyfit class. This is like going from YIN to YANG, Yoga then Bootcamp. Some days we are training at the gym and some days we hiking up to a temple or running down the beach with tires. I am always scouting out new locations for training. Training is so much fun when you are sharing it with a big group of people that are totally into doing extreme things and I  much prefer training on the beach then just sunbathing there. From 11:30-12:30 we have a spin class, also outside. This is great cardio for those people that are challenged by running on the pavement. From 3-4pm I do weight training to target certain muscle groups. It's a full-day and makes for really full week of training. I love that I can do what I do and the program will only continue to grow. I am set on offering people the Ultimate Fitness Vacation Retreats. A week dedicated to health and well being on every level.  Here are some photos of my adventures over the last month here in Phuket.

Additionally, included are photos of some of my recent classes and experiences here. If you are interested in coming out to Phuket for training, yoga and a shift in lifestyle, please feel free to e-mail me with any questions you may have.

trainwithocean@yahoo.ca
www.oceanbloom.com
www.tigermuaythai.com



Here is a spot I found for my Bodyfit exercise classes.




The world has become my gym.

I just love seeing these little fruit stands everywhere.

In the middle of a set of crunches.
Teaching Yoga at Tiger Muay Thai 6:30-7:30am
Bodyfit class at the beach. Hitting the abs : )
Doing my Thai Yoga Massage on the beach
Loving the fresh coconuts

Monday is Fun Day at Tiger Muay Thai. We Work Out!
Here is the view from our Bodyfit hike.

Bodyfit training up at the Big Buddha.
Here is a pic of my Bodfit class last Thursday. I couldn't ask for a better way to start the day!



2 comments:

  1. Training on the beaches with you looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas dear Ocean. So happy to see you achieve the pursuit of your dreams. Sending you lots of love, warm wishes and bright blessings. XOXO Brigitte

    ReplyDelete